Stir-Fried Rice Noodle with Shrimp [Pad Thai Goong]
Stir-Fried Rice Noodle with Shrimp Ingredients
1. 12 fresh Shrimp
2. 90 gram Dry Rice Noodle (3 - 5 m.m.)
3. 50 gram Fresh Bean Sprouts
4. 2 tablespoons Chopped (1") Green Onion
5. 6 tablespoons Fish Sauce
6. 6 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
7. 3 teaspoons Vinegar
8. 2 tablespoons Sugar
9. 2 Tablespoons Preserved Turnip
10. 2 Tablespoons Crushed Peanuts
11. 1 Tablespoon Paprika
12. 2 Eggs
13. 1 Teaspoon Red Chili (for Spicy lover)
14. 1/2 Lemon
1. Soak the noodles about 30 minutes in room temperature water.
2. Heat and season the wok. Add the Shrimp and grill for 90 seconds. Add the Eggs. When the eggs are not quite finished, add the Noodles, Sugar, Peanuts, Turnips and Paprika. Stir Fry until all ingredients are mixed well and the noodles are wilted.
3. Season with the Fish Sauce, Oyster Sauce and vinegar. Then add Bean Sprouts, Green Onions and Red Chili. Stir fry quickly ensuring everything is well combined. If you like wet noodle dishes de glaze with 5 oz. water stock. If you like firmer dry noddles de glaze with only 2 oz. water stock. Place on Serving plate and garnish with more Bean Sprouts and a Lemon wedge.
Papaya Salad [Som Tum]
Papaya Salad Ingredients
1. 2 cups shredded green papaya
2. 1/2 cup shredded carrot
3. 1/2 cup sting bean (cut into 1" long)
4. 2 tablespoons fish sauce
5. 1 1/2 tablespoons palm sugar
6. 3 tablespoons lime juice
7. 1/2 cup tomato (wedged)
8. 1/3 cup dried shrimps
9. 1/4 cup peanuts
10. 10 green chilies
11. 5 cloves fresh garlic
Papaya Salad Preparations
1. Use motar and prestle to crush the chilli and garlic, add shrimps, continue crushing.
2. Add sugar, continue beating with the prestle, then add the papaya, carrot, sting bean, fish sauce, lime juice, tomato, and peanuts. Continue beating until all ingredients mixed well.
3. Finally, season with sugar, fish sauce, or lime. The original taste this dish should be the balance taste between sweet, (pepper) hot, salty, and sour.
4. Serve with vegetables (e.g. cabbage, string bean, napa, etc.). Thai people love to eat Sticky Rice with Papaya Salad. In this case, sticky rice can be served together with finished Papaya Salad.
Spicy Soup with Prawn and Lemon Grass [Tom Yum Goong]
Spicy Soup with Prawn and Lemon Grass Ingredients
1. 12 medium-size shrimps, deveined
2. 10 mushrooms
3. 1 stalk of lemon grass (lightly pounded and cut into 2" long)
4. 3 lime leaves
5. 1 teaspoon of salt
6. 2 tablespoons of fishsauce
7. 3 tablespoons of lime juice
8. 6 hot peppers (pounded lightly)
9. 4 cups of water
10. 1/2 cup of roughly cut coriander leaves
Spicy Soup with Prawn and Lemon Grass Preparations
1. Remove the shrimp shell but leave the tails (for good appearance). Then cut open the back of each shrimp to remove the veins. Also clean the mushrooms with water and dry them well before wedging each into quarters.
2. Bring water to boil, then add lemon grass, lime leaves, and shrimps. When the shrimps turn pink, add mushrooms and salts.
3. Remove the pot from heat after boiling. Then season with fish sauce, lime juice, and hot peppers. Serve the soup while still hot and garnish on top with pieces of coriander leaves.